THE RUSSIAN CAMPAIGN DELUXE 5TH EDITION
The Russian Campaign, Deluxe 5th Edition, marks the triumphant return of our hobby’s true classic wargame designs — universally acclaimed as one of the most venerable and widely-recognized games ever published, covering the Eastern Front during World War II. Few games have received as much universal praise or have been played by so many gamers across the globe.
Consim Press has embarked on a special journey and partnership with the original game designer, John Edwards, to produce this unequivocal, beautifully-rendered, new edition that honors the elegant design approach of the original creator and pays tribute to one of the finest games ever published. Reflective that this goes far beyond a simple reprint effort, this all-new edition has been in the works for more than one year as the aim is to present the ultimate “final say” of this design as John Edwards intended.
This Deluxe 5th Edition of The Russian Campaign includes numerous rules changes by leveraging the expertise and experience of today’s leading experts and world renown players who have organized numerous TRC tournament events and online support sites. These changes reflect more than thirty years of player experience as well as outcomes from recent research. Examples of the former include additional balancing rules and providing more examples of play while examples of the latter include modifications to Archangel-based replacements and German Minor Ally restrictions. Players of earlier versions of TRC will be able to immediately play the 5th edition but the designer, publisher, and developers are steadfast in their belief that the current rules make it even easier for new players to quickly get into the game.
The end result is a perfect blend of the game’s classical, core system with key enhancements and clarifications driven by the best gaming minds in the world associated with this game who have invested literally thousands of hours over the years – in both playing and supporting the game.
GAME SYSTEM HIGHLIGHTS
- Multiple Impulse Movement and Combat
- Rail Movement and Rail Conversion
- Sea Movement (transfers, invasions, and evacuations)
- Off-board movement and encirclements
- HQs and Leaders
- Russian Paratroops, Partisans, Warsaw Garrison
- Air Power – Stukas and Sturmoviks
- Reinforcement and Replacements
- Sudden Death Victory Conditions
- Numerous Optional rules featuring: Strategic Movement, SS Replenishment, Russian Recovery, Industrial Evacuation, Fortress Cities, Historical Weather, Battlegroups, Artillery, Russian Artillery Barrage, Optional Worker Units, National Restrictions, Historical Naval Restrictions, Hungarian Neutrality, Competitive Bidding for Sides
- Replete with Variant/Experimental Rules as published over the past 30 years, including counters
Five Game Scenarios and Full Campaign Game
- THE BREAKING STORM Scenario, 5 Turns (May/June ’41 – Jan/Feb ’42)
- BARBAROSSA Scenario, 10 Turns (May/June 1941 - Nov/Dec 1942)
- FALL BLAU Scenario, 8 Turns (May/June 1942 – July/Aug 1943)
- ZITADELLE Scenario, 6 Turns (May/June 1943 – Mar/April 1944)
- BAGRATION Scenario, 7 Turns (May/June 1944 – May/June 1945)
- FULL CAMPAIGN GAME, 25 Turns (May/June 1941 – May/June 1945)
- Two full size maps, including small map overlay for Lwow Hills optional rule
- Three 5/8” full-color counter sheets (both NATO and icon style counters included for AFV units)
- Full color, illustrated Rules booklet
- Four full color Order of Battle Displays
- Three full color Scenario Set-up Cards
- Four full color Player Aid Cards
- Single 6-sided die